Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Goal 2: ability to replicate

Re: my goals as a librarian: Goal 1, without actually stating it as such in a previous posting, is an ability or the capacity to be replaced with or by a cross-functional team as a solution for the work to continue if I am lost to the organization. Building this capacity is something I'm still thinking about.

Goal 2. The ability for anyone with the authority to replicate any of the activities or processes pursuant to my position as digital services librarian. How do I do this? Build systems that require the ability to duplicate activities/end results.

Specific to electronic serials management: If I generate a list of serials for evaluation purposes - for a cost-benefit analysis per title (incl. statistics), anyone at the library should be able to generate this list whether in its entirety or by call number/subject/suite/vendor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home